What is Chrome or Chromebook
Google Chrome is a web browser that is useful for browsing the virtual world. Because the maker and developer of Google Chrome is a Google company, it is certain to have very good quality. Google is a giant tech company with its search engine.
This web browser developed by Google is open source and has the project name Chromium. By using WebKit rendering, Google Chrome has a speed above average and remains light.
Timeline of Google Chromebook
Google Chrome can access a site very quickly both on PC and Smartphone. In addition, there are many operating systems that Google Chrome can use, such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, Android, and Chrome OS.
As a web browser that continues to develop until now, Google Chrome has undergone version changes. The following are the development and versions of Google Chrome:
- Versions 0.2 to 1.0 were released in 2008. That year was the first year that Google Chrome was released, which initially could only be used on the Windows operating system. But that year he also got a stable version. The stable version can be used on several operating systems. During 2008 Google Chrome received updates in the form of improved performance and web proxies, plug-in reliability, popup blocking, and more.
- Versions 2.0 to 8.0 were obtained in 2009 and 2010. That year, Google Chrome received developments in the form of a full-screen mode, tags that support audio and video, the existence of extensions, and others.
- Versions 9.0 to 23.0 were obtained in 2011 and 2012. Updates to Google Chrome in that year were to support HTML 5, site manager controls, the better spelling of sentences, and more.
- Versions 24.0 to 39.0 were obtained in 2013 and 2014. In the development of this version, Google Chrome is more inclined to the Android operating system. Like the Omni box update, full-screen Video with subtitles, battery optimization, etc.
- Versions 40.0 to 55.0 in 2015 and 2016. In this version update, Google Chrome got some interesting developments. As there is a folder for all bookmarks, change the scrollbar, download page, and incognito.
- Versions 56.0 to 71.0 in 2017 and 2018. Google Chrome has received some updates and changes. Like Desktop Progressive, updated interface, new extensions are UI (user interface).
- Versions 72.0 to 80.0 in 2019. Updates to Google Chrome in that year were the dark mode, the introduction of the Content picker API, new languages on-page configuration, etc.
- Versions 81.0 to 87.0 in 2020. This delay update enables us for changing the color of the cursor to improve its visibility and add a personal touch. The feature is also aimed to help people with low vision. Then you also can highlight a section of text and hear it spoken aloud. Easier Wi-Fi access to synchronize and controls mic and switching mode faster from windows or macs.
- Versions 88.0 in 2021. Google is releasing a new version of Chrome this week that will improve its dark mode support, alongside removing FTP and Adobe Flash support. The dark mode improvements can be found on both Windows and Chrome OS.